hello..............

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentprop

Reaction score
Hi,all.My name is Hans,57 years young,and I live in Christchurch,New Zealand.(Hi,John!)
I 've been a member for a while but failed to introduce my self,so I'll just remedy that:).
I've been involved with models of some sort all my life,starting with Matchbox cars,and progressing from bad to worse.RC cars,airplanes,and now model engineering.
I have a 14x40 Taiwanese lathe,obtained from the estate of a member of the CSMEE,
http://www.csmee.org.nz/index.html,of which I'm a member.A chinese mill-drill(ZAY7045),theusual el-cheapo bandsaw,and a couple of bench grinders.
I'm in the process of building a 5" gauge live steam locomotive,but that's slow going.
I'm always looking to do some sort of tooling project,and I have had the plans for the Matador 60 IC 4stroke engine for at least 10 years!I'm also still flying Rc airplanes.
I've made a start on Bogstandard's piston valve engine.I've already learned some new tricks from this forum,and hope to enjoy it for a long time.regards to all.Hans.(bentprop)

A belated Welcome Hans

Nice to be able to put a backround with a screen name.

Rick

Hi Hans.

youv already been a help to me many times :bow: ;D

hi hans from this side of the world. a surprise for sure we live in the same city and it just goes to show you just dont know how small the world realy is (give me an email)
[email protected]

Welcome Hans ...another brick in the wall... :big: :big:
Paolo

Hi Hans and welcome!

having a lathe is like having a lot (I have 4), and dreaming of making this or that is even more! If you have a cat (or dog) it's even better. (Having a wife is not always enough - when I return home, my cat comes to the door...

Be happy with the Hobby and remember that it's is it's purpose.

George

Latest posts

Back