Hello from Pennsylvania

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pv2barnes

Reaction score
Hey Blake Im from Pennsylvania im 18 and go to school for Machining Technology. I love engines i pull garden tractors been around machining my whole life and a have a complete machine shop at home. The reason im so interested in these little model engines is because my dad and i went down to the Cabin Fever Expo in York PA and seen what all you could do and how much fun the looked so i wanted to get into it. My shop at school is talking about making a Jan Gunnarson's V-4. The reason for this is because of the tours and open house we have at the school. But i would like to build an engine of my own just to get a feel for what were getting into to see if the younger guys in my shop can handle it so i made a post in the plans section and would really appreciate it if you guys could point me in the right direction to get started thanks Blake.

Welcome Blake, you will find some great people here. Jump in and ask the question and you will get the help. I started in high school shop 20 plus years ang and have never looked back. I'm sure glad young men like yourself are still instrested in machining and that there are still school who teach it. My shop and most in the area have closed the doors on shop class

Dave

Hi Blake,
Welcome to this forum. I'm also from Pennsylvania. If you are near Philly, there's a great resource in Kinzers, PA, The Rough & Tumble Museum. There's a model engineering group there. Lots of help available. There's a winter get together coming up Feb 11, 2013. Check it out....smaller than Cabin Fever but lots of model engines going. Hope to see you there

Phil

Hi Blake,
Welcome to this forum. I'm also from Pennsylvania. If you are near Philly, there's a great resource in Kinzers, PA, The Rough & Tumble Museum. There's a model engineering group there. Lots of help available. There's a winter get together coming up Feb 11, 2013. Check it out....smaller than Cabin Fever but lots of model engines going. Hope to see you there

Phil
Hey thanks I will be sure to look into it my dad and I might come down if I can talk him into it. We were just amazed how big these model engines are and how much of it is in the area too so I think he would be interested.

Latest posts

Back