Hello from Ohio

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ragnarok

Reaction score
Hello, just a quick introduction here, to be polite and make it official. William, from Toledo, Ohio. I do have a highly mechanical and technical background; cars are my hobby and Biomed is my job.
I discovered you guys one day several years ago, randomly trolling the internet and stumbled into the middle of Mayhugh's 18 cylinder radial build, read every word of every post, and never looked back. Since then I check the Works In Progress forum almost every day, eagerly reading everyone's updates. But mostly Mayhughs.
I will never have my own machine shop or build my own engines like you guys do; I already have too many hobbies as it is. Maybe one day, if I were to win the lottery and retire. Til then, I will be here. Thanks for creating this community, guys.

Hello from Hudson, OH. I have a daughter at UofT this year. Maybe someday I could see your workshop. Right now Im trying to get into building model airplane engines - diesel two stroke. working up the courage to spend money on a lathe.

Welcome from Strongsville!

Welcome from Strongsville!
Hello from Jim in Hudson, OH. Im working on building up my home hobby machine shop. Are there any hobby machinist clubs in the area? Im planning to make diesel model airplane engines among other things.

Hi Jimbo
Scott from Medina here. I do not know of any clubs in the area.
Maybe George knows different and can supply some info.
I am going to copy and paste this into your other inquiry.

Scott

Hello, just a quick introduction here, to be polite and make it official. William, from Toledo, Ohio. I do have a highly mechanical and technical background; cars are my hobby and Biomed is my job.
I discovered you guys one day several years ago, randomly trolling the internet and stumbled into the middle of Mayhugh's 18 cylinder radial build, read every word of every post, and never looked back. Since then I check the Works In Progress forum almost every day, eagerly reading everyone's updates. But mostly Mayhughs.
I will never have my own machine shop or build my own engines like you guys do; I already have too many hobbies as it is. Maybe one day, if I were to win the lottery and retire. Til then, I will be here. Thanks for creating this community, guys.
Welcome to the group

Dave

Back