Hello from North Dakota

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimberwolfRC

Reaction score

Hello to everyone, it has been some time since I have doneany form of model building as work (carrier) and family pulls you away fromsuch stress relieving projects. I am completing 30 year as a governmentregulator in the meat industry. Prior to this I work in a drop forge operationin Connecticut as a die sinker - die repairman and took some machine tradecourses while going through college. I have worked with milling machine,shapers, surface grinders and lathes, small tools like dermal (electric andpneumatic) used to repair and polishing dies and polish and shape forgings. Withmy father and brother we use to rebuild and restore car/truck engines andvehicles. I have restored Farmall tractors (A, Super A, AB), and have restoredor “restored to function” other farm equipment, harness making, saddle repair.I have been fascinated with hit-N-miss engines and missed out on getting mypaws on an old bulldog engine that was used in a small button factory. I livedin Connecticut, North Carolina, New Jersey, Montana and North Dakota. I amlooking at retirement in the next few years and need a hobby to keep the mindsharp.
Timberwolfrc

TimberwolfRC : Thanks for the intro and a big welcome.
I think you will find this forum helpful inspirational and informative.
Tin

Thank you Tin,

Since I worked with thermal processing (food canning) and learned to operate steam vessels the steam generator - boilers look very interesting and a good possibility of a starting project. Found the thread for "Vertical Fire Tube Boiler" and KBC's post interesting.

Welcome I am also from ND "Jamestoewn" and have set up a small home shop also getting ready to semi retire.

Welcome Timberwolfrc. Lots of info here to keep you busy in retirement.

Latest posts

Back