Hello from another beginner

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atticman

Reaction score
Hello,
Well theres been a lathe in my Dads house since I was a baby,
Hes done a few bits over the years- mostly a few Stuart Turner bits. Hes managed a D10 which needs fixing up to run.

Theres a nice Basset lowke TE hes worked on as well, but like many of them its unfinished- though seemingly not far off.

Dads now pretty crock and embarrassingly ive never worked out the lathe- so its my turn to do some work. But Im pretty new to it all.

He has a Murad lathe (Bormilathe I believe) , its quite an unusual one I gather- so far Ive managed to make a few small production steam engine parts, collars and a piston, pretty easy stuff. but theres a load and a half to learn. Im also on another steam forum , and I recognise a few names from there.

Im from the UK- Stroud Southern Gloucestershire.

So I hope I dont annoy with the seemingly daftest of questions, but we all need to start from somewhere...

atticman,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Atticman
Welcome to the forum as i have found out it's a great place to learn as you
are never to old to learn even this old rat is discovering new tricks as you
may guess i am also a member of another steam forum.

Cheers Paul

Welcome aboard Atticman. It appears more than one of your compatriots on the other board are getting bitten by our particular bug these days. A few of them hang out here as well. This is where stage 5 steam addicts seem to wind up....(grin)

Steve

Welcome to HMEM Atticman.

Rick

Welcome to the forum atticman.
Pics of your Dad's stuff would be great.
Looking forward to your work too.

Welcome to the group Atticman...lots of inspiration here as well as help for newcomers to the hobby.

Bill

G'day Atticman from Melbourne Australia,

Welcome to the forum and I am sure you will soon be able to share your knowledge with others just as you are able to share information from this site.

Phil

Welcome Atticman!

Great bunch of people here....jump on in.

Dave

So I hope I dont annoy with the seemingly daftest of questions, but we all need to start from somewhere...

No worries as you say we all have to start. welcome
can your dad still help you learn and advise ?
Lots of help available heare either way.
Tin .

Latest posts

Back