Hello Everyone

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piper-pilot

Reaction score
Hi
Wow, it looks like I've spent over 15 hours looking at all the great builds, tips and tricks.
It is amazing what you guys can do!
I'm new to model engine building (one wobbler so far) so this site is going to be my new hang out.
I look forward to learning lots about model engine building.

This is great!

Thanks for having me.

Welcome Piper,
It is a great place to hang out for sure...those hours will soon turn into days if your not careful :big:

Regards,
Bill

welcome Piper, as you say this is a great place! you will love it here.. BTW would that be a cherokee you are pilotin'?
regards Stew

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to be. Great people, great projects, great information,you are right. It is a great place to hang out.

ironman (Ray)

I actually fly a 1942 Piper Cub. The military version of the J-3 Cub.
Do you fly?

I wish! "piper", but i have always loved light planes, they are so graceful but only models for me I'm afraid. Love the cubs tho' prefer the high wing idea.
Stew

It's a lot of fun.
What type engines do you build?
Do you have any postings of what you've built?

Tod

(I have previously posted this, but will repeat for the new guys).

This one is for the remote control airplane crowd.
This is a photo of my buddy's 1/2 size Piper Cub.

Used a chainsaw engine, and prop manufactured by a real airplane prop manufacturer.

Wingspan was 18 foot.

Weight was about 170 lbs.

Pat J

Half-Cub.jpg

pp,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Piper pilot:
hope you enjoy it here. 1942 J3 nice toy. I do not fly but admire those that do. have ridden in a couple of small single engines craft and back seat of a huey . My son had the great experience of attending a mission aviation week long camp a few years back and got a little stick time in.
Need help or answer to a question just ask.
Tin

Hi Piper,

They do amazing work on here. Welcome.

Nelson
***************.com

piper-pilot said:
I actually fly a 1942 Piper Cub. The military version of the J-3 Cub.
Do you fly?

That would be the L-4 would it not (or grasshopper in some circles) Thres's nothing like sitting on a tank full of gas, of course those that are old enough to remember the Ford Model "T" knows all about that. :big: I have a model of the J-3 in 1/3 scale that I have considered building in the military version but good lord is that thin going to be expensive to cover th_confused0052 Welcome aboard 8)

BC1
Jim

Latest posts

Back