Hello everyone newbi here lol

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shrekii

Reaction score
Well hello everyone I am pretty new here and just realized that I havent posted in the welcome spot yet. So alittle about me im from Western Massachusetts and from the time I can remember I was always building something. I have only built a few engine when I was in high school. If I remember right the 2 I made 1 was air powered and the other ran off the heat from your hand (but mine ever worked lol). Mostly my back ground is electroncs with a side of PC Repair. Now I work as a grease monkey working on motorcycle, atv etc. But for the last 15 years I have been building R/C (nitro) cars, trucks, plans and even a helicoper. And for the last 2 years I have been working on the idea of building a custom made 1:4 scale r/c truck with a true scaled down V-8 engine as the powerplanet. And when I found this site it was like my ideas of building this truck would come true.

Now cause I really dont know much about CNC, Milling and stuff like that. I have my best friend from grade school that is a CNC Machinist and with alot of luck his boss is going to let us build my engine there. Besides I am dieing to see there new axis 4 (i think that is what it is called) in action.

Like I have posted in the question area I am hoping to get the prints of an 460 engine that a guy "across the pound" is designing (btw he is offering the drawing free for those of you who want it) and so I will put that monster of an engine into my truck ;D.. John

wEc1 , can't wait to see the 460 ;D

Shrekii,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

John,
Welcome to the group.

The V8 RC truck sounds like an ambitious project.
I don't know if you have seen this, but have a look at the website for "Bad Monkey Jr." which is a 1/10th scale RC truck that was built with CNC machines. as well as conventional machines and EDM.

There are over 1100 pictures in the build library showing how it was done. Here is a link..

http://www.marksmark.net/

Jim

Thanks everyone for the welcome lol... Jim yeah I have saw his stuff. He does great work but made me think goin to the 1:4 scale is a guy I found on youtube making a 1:4 scale grave digger with a conley v-8 (hope this link is ok to post [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFFx27bthCM[/ame]) but the engine only has 4 to 5hp. Thats why I have been searching for the last few months for prints on real engines to scale down. Now I think I have found the engine I will be building. And now my search is turning to fining a trany i can scale down to fine the engine but its turning out to be harder to fine then the engine is lol ???...... John

Oh I also forgot to say he also has a whole video line of him building his truck on youtube

Hello John,

Glad to have as new member... welcome aboard!

Chuck

Latest posts

Back