Heeeeere's my sign.......

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

websterz

Reaction score
I had a momentary loss of concentration today and left a nice blood trail across my shop floor. I have been building a small chopsaw for cutting up bits of material for the lathe and mill. I was at a point where I needed to drill some holes in the baseplate for the pivot mounts. I rolled the belt off the pulleys (one of which I made myself out of a 6" piece or aluminum round) and started to remove the motor mounting bolts. I guess I didn't have the allen wrench seated all the way in the capscrew and when I pulled up it slipped out and I ran my left index finger across the edge of the pulley...yeah, the edge I forgot to deburr and was like a serrated razor blade. :wall: I have a lovely half-inch "V" shaped slice, right across the middle knuckle. I did get the unique experience of seeing the tendons and bone when I lifted up the flap to ascertain the damage, so that was kinda' cool. Everything still moves properly and I have feeling in the fingertip so I guess I am lucky. By the time I made it across to the first aid kit it was running a stream. Gonna' be a sore #$%& tomorrow!!

Be careful out there guys. :hDe:

I guess that will teach you to deburr/chamfer parts. And wear mechanics gloves . Me think I may have to get a pair myself before I tear something open.
Tin

Man that makes me jump just thinking about it. Glad to hear that you re OK. Think of it this way, when it heals up you can tell everyone that the scar is from when you were in prison. ;D

Tomorrow would be a good time to get a tetanus shot and start planning on de-burring the offending parts. :bow:

I was told by a doctor that if you cut to the bone you need to see a doctor and get the good drugs. He said that there is no protection way in there against infection.

See a Doctor.

Frank

fdew said:
I was told by a doctor that if you cut to the bone you need to see a doctor and get the good drugs. He said that there is no protection way in there against infection.

See a Doctor.

Frank

Due to another unrelated issue (recurrent strep infection in my leg) I have a standing prescription for a couple of different antibiotics. I am taking a round of azythromycin just in case. My last tetanus shot was 3 years ago so I am good there.

Latest posts

Back