Hebco Tool Grinder

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grinder looks great, I am sure you will enjoy using it as much as the nice sharp tools :)

As they would say in these parts

Wicked pissah!.......no I'm not going to translate.....but it's good.... ;D

Dave

Don there was no rust pitting anywhere it seemed to have a good coating of oil/dust/cutting fluid protecting it.
Brock

I decided to do some mods to the hebco grinder. The tool holder was for larger tools so first up was to make it more the size I needed.
SAM_0111.jpg

SAM_0112.jpg

Cut off the excess
SAM_0114.jpg

Used the offcut to make a clamp, need to make some thumb screws for it
SAM_0115.jpg

SAM_0116.jpg

SAM_0117.jpg

Cleaned up a tool I had ground by hand, no more multi facets
SAM_0120.jpg

SAM_0121.jpg

SAM_0123.jpg

Cut better than anything I have ever ground before. Now nee to make some more attachments for it. Where is that Harold Hall book, first up will be a 4 facet drill sharpening jigger, I will mount my standard sharpener also. There is plenty of room to mount things to the tray. Thanks for checking in.
Brock

Decided to put a white wheel on the grinder to speed up the proces of grinding new tools. Found a suitably sized wheel which had no adapter so the price was dropped. Score.
SAM_0127.jpg

The wheel, these grind tools nice.
SAM_0128.jpg

I love machining this stuff, flatout, big cuts and streamers everywhere.
SAM_0129.jpg

Adapter done just need to remove the old diamond wheel and bolt it on. Later today it is going on. SHould I run coolant on this wheel or is there no need?

Brock

Brock, I would definately run coolant on the wheel, especially on HSS. Can't quite make out the grit size and hardness specs on the label. The finer the grit the more heat generated.

Paul.

I got to make some splash guard as it throws alot of suds around.

Brock

Brock,
Looks like it's going to be a great addition to the shed. Take care not to run coolant on that alox wheel when it is not running,
the coolant soaks in on the low side and throws it out of balance. I've never had a wheel failure because of this, but start up
can be a little rough.

Regards,
Maverick

Latest posts

Back