heavy duty capsule to keep something in.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCRIPPPer

Reaction score
here is a little project i made. it is made of 6061 t6, and i have tested it up to 100psi external pressure (equal to about 230ft of water. ) not even a hint og moisture inside.

Great job on the knurling! Very, very nice! What's the application?

cheers, Ian

I am interested in how you tested the external pressure. Did you lower the device into that depth of water?

thanks guys. im not sure what it will be used for, im giving it to my dad for his b day. i figure this is more cool than some random thing that can be bought.

i tested the pressure by putting it in a container full of water and pressurizing it to as high a pressure as i felt comfortable, which was 100psi. i had a piece of paper in there so o could tell if water got in.

i think i may have accidentally made it super pressure resistant by making the o ring aria tapered slightly. i doubt it would hold 100psi internal pressure.

Neat! It reminds me of a pill container that people keep on their key rings.

its a little big for a keychain. you could probably fit a few $k in there and keep it dry at 250ft below the ocean tho lol.

Latest posts

Back