Headed to the UK on vacation!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jadecy

Reaction score
Anyone on the forum going to the "Bristol Model Engineering & Hobbies Exhibition" in the UK in August?

http://www.bristolmodelengineers.co.uk/Exhibition/exhib.htm

I will be there at least one day (probably friday and/or saturday) with Phil Handcock from Forest Classics.

I'd like to say hello in person if you'll be there. Only my second time across the pond and my first time in the UK. Should be fun!

Any "must sees" while I'm there? We will mainly be around London. Was looking at visiting the bell foundry where the "Liberty Bell" and the bell from "Big Ben" were cast.

- Doug C.

Both the Natural History Museum and Science Museum are while worth any time you can spare ... no admission charges either! They are within easy walking distance of each other and well served by the Underground.
I had to be physically removed (by my wife) from all the scale model galleries (countless "proof of concept" and design / marketing models). The model machine shop display is incredible!
Have a great trip!
Cheers
Charlie

There's so much to see in London it's hard to make suggestions without knowing the sort of stuff folks like but Charlie's suggestion is spot on, well worth seeing!

Hope you have a nice time over here Doug!

Vic.

Back