• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hardinge TM/UM Vertical Head with 11 Collets - Austin,TX

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickeyD

Reaction score
Vertical head in good mechanical condition (paint is a little rough) for a Hardinge TM or UM with 11 4C collets. It does have the draw bar and and 5C collet/drive sheave and belt. Bearings feel good and the collets are decent but a few have some rust staining from spending too many years in the rack in the base of the machine. The mill that it came off of (I am keeping it to do some small heat sinks that I run on a regular basis) has had very little use over the years and the head appears to be the same. Asking $550 o.b.o. and can ship for whatever UPS or Fedex charges.

hard1.jpg

hard2.jpg

hard3.jpg

hard4.jpg

Two questions:

Is this still available?
How involved is the installation and removal?

I just bought a TM and think it would be nice to have the vertical head when needed rather than getting another mill. Would it be a pain to install and remove somewhat regularly?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back