Hardinge Miling Machine?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mu38&Bg#

Reaction score
So I've been looking for a mill for a while. One of these popped up on CL not too far from me for 425USD.

Looks like this but the one for sale is grungy.

DSCF5756.JPG

Are these fairly decent machines. The write up on lathes.co.uk seems reasonable. The Bridgeport head appears to be a fairly common add on. Are these small heads R8 taper?

I doubt I if I could get it down into my basement though.

Greg

$425?? Don't know what that means w/o trying it out. They are great machines if taken care of or rebuilt properly. The horizontal portion of the mill takes 5c collets & the B/P M head takes either B&S #7 or a another collet that I cannot remember off hand but the max. end mill is 1/2". Break it down to get into basement if it's worth it. If you plan on rebuilding, if it needs it, you won't be sorry depending on what your looking to do.

The Hardinge's are good little mills. If you get one with the spiral milling gearbox on the right side of the table, let's talk. I've got the dividing head for it ;)

The downside if it doesn't have a BP head is there's no quill on the factory vertical head. Much knee cranking.

Make sure it comes with the overarm bits if you ever want to do horizontal milling.

Sweet. Unless it's a basket case that is a super nice machine.

Latest posts

Back