Happy July 4th USA

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
July 4th 1776 is celebrated as the Birthday of America. It was the signing of the declaration of independence. But really why July 4th.
why not April 19 1775 the battle of Lexington and concord this was the start of the revolutionary war. The days and years after the 4th of July were filled with war. many of the signers of the declaration of independence and there families were imprisoned or killed for treason. Of those that survived many lost virtually everything and died destitute. Why not Celebrate Oct 19 1781 the date Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown VA. what about Sept 3 1783 the date the peace treaty was signed. Or Sept 17 1787 the date the constitution was signed. But July 4th is the one that was picked. That is when we celebrate . let us remember to cherish our independence and protect it from tyranny. And remember our freedom was not free. Solders died in battle others were massacred in cold blood by British troops on more than one occasion. And even though we have other dates to remember like veterans day, D-Day,memorial day, etc let us not forget the fallen of the many wars and conflicts that followed . And last but not least the support soldiers sailors and airmen serving today in Afghanistan and Iraq. We have the right to agree or disagree that the troops should be there,or not but please remember them, support them and if your beliefs allow, pray for them. FREEDOM IS NOT FREE. Again have a happy 4th of July.
Tin

Independence Day, July 4, 1776.

That day defined who we are and what we are.

Free men who bow to no one.

Thanks to all that have given there life and those that served to keep our country free.

We still have to fight for our freedom throughout the world, and these day, here at home.

It is our responsibility to fight both foreign and domestic enemies who seek to deprive us of our God given rights.

May God continue to Bless America so that our children and grandchildren can enjoy freedom as we have.

SAM

God Bless America. Our great neighbour to the south. Happy 4th of July :bow:

To all my USA colleagues at HMEM.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY.

Best Regards
Bob

HI To All USA Members

Happy 4th of July to all of you across the pond

Cheers Paul

To All my American Friends

I hope that you have a very Happy 4Th of July. May you continue to remain free and assist others to earn their freedom. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Yep, all the best for the 4th from me as well blokes

Happy 4th everybody!

Tin, I couldn't have stated as well as you.

Dave

When my wife became a US citizen, the judge that presided read a story about what happen to the men who signed the Declaration of Independence. Some ended up in jail, some were executed, several had their property confiscated and died in poverty. Some died in the war that followed. Not all went back to a normal life. Took real courage to sign that document and defend it over the years.

I'm blessed to be living just outside Philadelphia.
If you have the opportunity to visit Independence Hall...take it.
The feeling you get when in the same building as those great men is awesome.

Thanks to all the men and women who made this country and keep this country.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Back