Happy Independance Day

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rake60

Reaction score
Well it's the 4th of July once again.

Happy Independence Day to all of out USA members!

With my wife being Canadian we also celebrate Canada Day.
That's an easy one for me to remember because it also happens to be
my birthday. ::)

That cross over of nationalities brings some interesting thoughts to view.
An American History book written by a Canadian author states:
"The colonies won their Independence from English rule by war with the
help of the French. It could be likened to "Me and Daddy killed a bear." "

A Thank You to France for your help is also in order for this day.

Rick

Happy 4th July to all you guys on the far side of the ocean ;D

It also happens to be my Father in Law's birthday, he's 86 today ............ and has celebrated it by being admitted to hospital for a couple of weeks in re-hab ...... that's not a bad thing guys, he's gone downhill over the past few weeks but the spark is still there, it's just the "will" is ............ on holiday .......... hopefully things are now on the up .......... anyway ........... as you celebrate, so will we, all the (small) family will be there this evening with a birthday cake and raising a pot of tea ::)

Have a good one, we'll be joining you 8)

CC

CC you tell your Father in Law the rebels in the USA all wish him a Happy Birthday!

Rick

Thanks Rick ............ after WW2 he was a fireman on steam trains then graduated to driver ........ if he ever got to grips with computers he could keep us entertained for weeks on here ::)

Dave

cc ............ all of us crazy canucks wish your father in law all the best .........i for one will raise a cup in his honour.

rake .......... no cup will be raised in honour of your bday..................but would a few pints be ok instead???? ;D :eek:

chuck

A Happy Holiday from your Northern neighbors,
Stan

A very happy independance day.

From the previous owners.

Thanks for the good wishes from all the "former owners" (good one, John) and the citizens of other countries. Seems like July is the month for breaking loose - Canada Day, Independence Day and Bastile Day.

BTW, I took the liberty of changing the thread title so independEnce is now spelled correctly. I know most people don't care about spelling anymore but somehow, as an American, it seems wrong to misspell that one.

yeppers its finaly here. you all have a great 4th now quit yakin and fire up those grills. im hungry

flag-smiley-7376.gif

firecracker.gif
happy 4th
firecracker.gif

John your post made my day here! :D

Marv, thanks for the spelling adjustment.
(Spelin iz a close secked ta math skils fer me.) ;)

Rick

Back