Ham Radio

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKIPRAT

Reaction score
Hi Gang
I was just wondering if there are any other members who will admit to being a radio ham! just thought i would mention it as i have been a radio ham for the last 28 years and have done a fair bit of constructing radio bits and pieces in that time i guess a lot of us have more than one hobby. by the way the lathe is up and running and i actually made some swarf today, a cooling hose reducer out of pb 102 (well it was for a boat cooling system ) so no excuses now! going to start engine building this weekend starting with something simple "journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step" or so they say

Cheers Paul

73 G6FOW

I see a lot of calls on here in signature lines.
de W5MLY

Greetings
I will admit to being a "HAM" , actually my son got his ticket before I did. Still a tech class hoping to be general before the 55th birthday which is coming up in May. My son is a general class and keeps teasing me about being a no code tech. Being a volunteer fire/rescue sometimes hams become an important part of the resources in the area. 2 years ago the hams were the only means of communications during flash flooding in Southeastern Minnesota, everyone has a cell phone but without the repeater towers cells are worthless. Just my 2 cents, been a machinist at the same company for 33 years, hobby machinst for last 20 years. Peteski

Pete KC9ERJ
Jake KC9CRM

Used to have a Cobra 148gtl CB radio and a 3 element yaggi aerial on a rotor that could easily reach Australia here from Portugal, but that was 20 years ago. ;)

currently VE3GHM but not very active

used to operate a lot of HF CW, VHF/UHF/SHF CW, satellite and packet with smidgeon of SSTV thrown in for diverson.

ex VE3MJM, VO1QC, previous station licensee for VO1RCS, VE8RCS and have operated with my own call as /VE8 in the high arctice in Zone 2

cheers, Graham

KF2QD - haven't been on the air is over 13 years. Used to platy a llot on 10 meters, 2 meters and some on 440. Have a TS820 that needs some work, Uniden Presiden on 10, Heathkit on 2 and GE Sentry(old commercial) on 440, but if I were to get active again would rather use a solid state rig... Was never too friendly with those old heat emitting diodes...

Latest posts

Back