Getting in sync

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldmechthings

Reaction score
A model makers first engine is almost always a simple wobbler. Dan Jenkins a young friend from near Idaho Falls found a plans on the Internet called a Valve Handle Engine, and built an engine from them. The engine ran and he had every reason to be proud of it, It was his first and it actually worked. He was excited to share with me so he sent a Xerox copy of the plans. When I received the plans, my very first thought were, "Why would I want to build such a simple engine". then it dawned on me that I had never built a wobbler. I had missed that phase of my life, so I proceeded to build one. Now I'm back in sync with the world. Here is a picture of what should have been my first engine.

Actually it is an appropriate place to show the engine because I'm in the early "elementary" stages trying to learn how to post topics on the forum.
Birk

How neat is that !!! Not to mention the added color of the valve handle as well. Both this one and the one posted in the last week or so "Another Nutty Engine" are great examples of thinking outside the box !!! Thanks for sharing.

Bill

That would be a perfect flywheel for the nutty engine:O)

Wes

Powder keg said:
That would be a perfect flywheel for the nutty engine:O)

Wes

That is funny. I was in HomeDepot just a little while ago looking at something similiar, thinking the same thing.

I have plans somewhere for a hardware special wobbler... that uses one for its fly wheel.

Eric

Brass_Machine said:
That is funny. I was in HomeDepot just a little while ago looking at something similiar, thinking the same thing.

I have plans somewhere for a hardware special wobbler... that uses one for its fly wheel.

Eric

Found the plans. You can get them HERE.

S_easysteam2.jpg

Back