G'day mates - Happy Australia Day

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majorstrain

Reaction score
Happy Australia Day to all you Aussie blokes and sheilas out there.

Aussieflag.jpg

Time to Fire up the barbie, bog in to the sangers and rip the scab off a few coldies.
The fireworks will be goin off tonight.

Good onya boys,
Phil
A Sandgroper, and proud of it.

http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

Strange the the spell checker spat the dummy on that post. ;D

And Happy Australia Day from the right side of this great brown blob as well!

I'm not sure about the proper thing for an American to say to congratulate you on your settlement anniversary but, whatever it is, consider it said. How about "Good onya"? Will that work?

Whatever - party hearty and don't drink too much - yeah, no chance of a bunch of crazy Ozites over indulging. Throw a pommy in the bay for me.

I normally do fairly well with Aussie slang but "sangers" has me stumped. Is that some form of sausage?

tel said:
And Happy Australia Day

Blimey, is it that time again, don't half roll round fast :D

Av a great one lads 8) ..................... and Marv, easy on the pommie's mate :D

CC

G'day to all you down under , soon got round to Australia day again! here in the UK it;s Burns Night you know Haggis.Tate's & nips all washed down with a Speyside single malt. Went Haggis hunting today could not find any the cunning little devils must know what day it is and had gone into hiding all was not lost i had to dip in the reserves and use the one that was sent down from Scotland by some friends have a great Australia day .

Cheers Paul ;D ;D ;D ;D

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!

Sorry if that is too late.
Is it tomorrow there when it's today here, or is it the other way around? scratch.gif

No matter.
At least we are freezing our butts off rather than suffering from the heat there.
:Doh:

Have a Great Oz Day!

Rick

rake60 said:
HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY!

Sorry if that is too late.
Is it tomorrow there when it's today here, or is it the other way around? scratch.gif

Have a Great Oz Day!

Rick

Thanks Rick - we are ahead of you - at the moment with daylight saving +15.5 hrs CST (central summer time) to your East coast.

Marv, Sanger = Sandwich

Avagoodozday.

Best Regards
Bob

Majorstrain said:
Strange the the spell checker spat the dummy on that post. ;D

Not to mention what it did to my grammar and phrase checker! Rof}

Happy Australia Day!! And thanks for the slang lessons.

black85vette said:
Not to mention what it did to my grammar and phrase checker! Rof}

Happy Australia Day!! And thanks for the slang lessons.

Oy, that's not "slang", it's strine, thank you very much.

I know, it is hard for you seppos :bow:

Happy Australia Day to all from the middle of Victoria.

Happy Australia day everyone, from your frozen cousins....!

Cheers
Garry

Well no beer or barbie, just a day at the beach with the kids an the misses. Thm:

Now I'm as red as a cooked crayfish. Must be my Irish/English ancestry coming through.

Hope you all had a great day as well,

Cheers, *beer*
Phil

Just to explain so as not to offend,
It's quite normal for UK holiday makers to come back from the beach sun burnt and red all over except for where their bathers covered them.

Latest posts

Back