G0704 Drill/Mill with Stand ?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 'L' stands for long table. I bought mine at Machine Tool Warehouse in Cambridge ON and have been quite happy with its performance.
Cheers,
Colin

Cole said:
The 'L' stands for long table. I bought mine at Machine Tool Warehouse in Cambridge ON and have been quite happy with its performance.
Cheers,
Colin

Thank you Colin

I have a power feed for my mill....How do you install it ??? It came with NO instructions !!
Thanx again

The power feed for my BF20 also had no directions.

Remove left handwheel(don't drop the woodruff key on the floor. Don't ask)
Remove 2 bolts from end plate(actually SHCS)
Tap the end plate off with a dead blow hammer. When that doesn't work, lay on the floor, inset 1" dowel against inside of end plate, beat on said dowel. This plate is also attached with Chinese Loctite.
Remove all cover plates from the power feed box for access
Using same bolts which were removed from the end Plate, insert from inside of power feed box.
A ball end hex wrench will be a huge help.

My shoulder and elbow love the power feed (I was getting early-stage machinists elbow)

Best
Stan

Well... I got my power feed on !!! Works pretty good. A little persuading required as stated abaove to remove the end plate !! Now the next question is HOW do you mount the kill switch and where ???
Thanx again !!

I've been pondering the same issue. One button kills it left to right and the other right to left.
Mine came with the same kind of stops that slide in the scale on the front of the table. Since the scale on my mill is the mount for my DRO glass x axis scale, that's out.
I have to find some time and look for other locations. My other thought was to open the box and wire "extension" switches in parallel with the existing ones. The new switches would be mounted to the base cabinet at either end of the table. That's on the list right after the box cutting tool, the stand to put the DRO display in a better location, the engine I started today, the remount of the lathe compound DRO, hanging the new shop lighting, etc.
Best
Stan

Latest posts

Back