G’awd I hate introductions

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatbelter

Reaction score
G’awd I hate introductions

I like engines, big, small, diesel, gas, piston, turbine, rocket, two, four, six, stroke, it doesn’t matter, any port (or valve) in a storm.

I have a garage full of scrap yard refugee machines, the newest one is from the 1950’s and the oldest is from the 1890’s.

I work with a lot of mystery metal so I’ve gotten good at heat treating steel both pre and post machining.

I would really like to lay my hands on a plasma arc sprayer, but I could probably build an adapter for the MIG welder if I got motivated.

I started flying RC airplanes this summer, current projects revolve around converting chainsaw engines into flight weight engines.

I also have a new opportunity to teach 2-stroke engine theory in a local high school. It’s a sort-term temp thing, but I’m wondering if an adjustable model 2-stroke engine teaching kit could have commercial applications.

FB

wEc1 FB good to have you on board. Are you going to post some pics of your machines, there is a thread around here somewhere. Someone will post are link,hint,hint. I would love to see your collection of refugees.
Brock

FB - sounds like to have been around the horn with engines... Would you be willing to post some pics?

Welcome to the forum...

Harold

FB with CP,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome FB - now the hard bit is over, jump right in!

Back