Furnace

Discussion in 'Home Foundry & Casting Projects' started by SKIPRAT, Apr 7, 2010.

Help Support HMEM by donating:

1. Apr 7, 2010 #1

SKIPRAT

SKIPRAT

SKIPRAT

Hi All

I went to a car boot sale at nearby Torksey with a mate had a good look round and this followed me home although it was not from a skip dive I had to “PAY” good money for it in the line of £5 that very near broke my heart. As you can see it is quite a substantial blower I think it’s original use was for to inflate a kids bouncing castle anyhow I thought it would come in useful for the future project I have in mind that is to use as a blower for a metal melting furnace it is of all metal construction and has an alloy impellor and blows a gale. It gets even better when I told my mate what I was going to use it for he said he had a small stainless steel beer barrel he would like to get rid of and could I use it. So here we are a blower a barrel and furnace construction
    Ideas going round in my head and I am open to suggestions and plans on how to construct a furnace I feel a project coming together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers Paul

larry1 likes this.
  2. Apr 8, 2010 #2

jim216

jim216

jim216

3. Apr 22, 2014 #3

the artfull-codger

the artfull-codger

the artfull-codger

hmmnn for some reason I can't seem to get my reply to print,it says it's too short!! I'll try again.

larry1 likes this.
  4. Apr 22, 2014 #4

cfellows

cfellows

cfellows

Well-Known Member Project of the Month Winner

That looks like a pretty beefy blower for a foundry furnace. I'm guessing it will put out way more air than you need or want. I've built charcoal foundry furnaces in the past and just used a hair dryer to power them.

Chuck

5. Apr 22, 2014 #5

the artfull-codger

the artfull-codger

the artfull-codger

Hi Chuck, yes they really have some blast!! I have the same one & if I put it on full blast it blows the coke out of the chimney,that's why I put a disk valve of alloy over the inlet & it swivels on a sprung nut & bolt & you can controll it nicely
    Graham.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  6. Apr 22, 2014 #6

Till

Till

Till

It is there, but you've accidently typed your text in between the [quote...../quote] brackets.
    Just have a look at the top of your previous post.

7. Apr 23, 2014 #7

the artfull-codger

the artfull-codger

the artfull-codger

thanks for that info till
    graham

8. May 21, 2014 #8

AnvilJack

AnvilJack

AnvilJack

Keep us up to date with this project, please. Very interesting starting point for a furnace.