• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS IMO iDrive 1hp convertor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Rudd

Reaction score
I have two IMO iDrive variable speed control units for sale.

These are second hand units that are fully functional and in excellent cosmetic condition.
They are ideally suited for converting your lathe or mill and has a 1hp rating. It takes standard ac 240v mains and outputs 3 phase 220v. Maximum frequency is adjustable up to 100Hz, so you can make a 1400rpm motor run at twice the speed ( not that I'd advise it...I tried it on my lather with a 5 in chuck....pretty hairy!! although I didnt actually reach top speed...(Chicken!! )

The manual is available as a download on the web, the units are all set to the factory default setting, so are ready to plug and play. Speed control is set via the pot on the control panel and on-off is via the keypad controls. I'll include a shot down copy of the manual to assist in putting your unit to use.

I'm offering these at £55 including post, which I think is a fair price given that new these units are over £120..

If anyone is interested please contact me off line either by pm or via my email address in my profile.

Cheers..

Now sold thanks...

Latest posts

Back