Friction welding

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankshafter

Reaction score
Here's the solution for when you only have to short stock and it's 11.30 AM and you have to finnish the project scratch.gif.
Frictionweld to short pices together and............... Voila ;D

http://www.wimp.com/frictionpower/

CS

I think my boxford would strugle to get the rpm up
Great bit of video
John

I once managed it trying to drill some titanium lol
Welded the drill to the job
John

I have done that with alunimum :wall: However not by choice. I was checking the fit of a plug to the bore while sanding the bore. The plug was to be a slip fit but I found out the hard way that the bore was still a bit to small. :big:

Dave

It was not the speed that impressed me it was the rapid stop that got my attention. That is one really quick brake system.

Dan

I used to see them do that all the time at the Hayes Dana axle plant in Barrie, to weld heavy axle tubes onto center housings on large transport truck axles. Very impressive process.

Dan Rowe said:
It was not the speed that impressed me it was the rapid stop that got my attention. That is one really quick brake system.

Dan

I have my doubts that there was any brake involved. I'll have to ask my uncle, he has one in his shop. You might even have his parts made by friction welding in your toolbox.

Latest posts

Back