First Motor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemhund

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post this.
Well, this is my unfinished Liney motor.
I just had to see if it would run, so I did the basic stuff and connected it to my compressor and to my total amazement, it actually ran on 150 kps ( about 21 pounds).
I had to remake a lot of stuff because I am metric and the plans are Imperial. So that gave me some problems, like I drilled the aluminium fly wheel hole to big so I cast some bronze and machined a new one. I'll make a spoked one next. And the exhaust and all the other bling stuff.
I'm new to machining and I learnt a lot making this little thing. And a LOT on this site.
[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-GX5yiJmrAQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-GX5yiJmrAQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Cheers, Hans

Good runner, Hans.

We like to see progress pictures th_wwp and how you set things up to machine them.

Congratulations,

SAM

Runs very nice, Hans. Smooth, and pretty quite, too.
Nice job, and thanks much for the video! Feel free to show us more.

Dean

Noitoen said:
Motor or engine? ;D

Picking nits? Better make sure you never make a mistake!

The first is always the best. To get your first engine running what a feeling. Great job. :big: :big:

Hans,

Congratulations on your 1st, it's very nice and a smooth runner. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks all,
Now I am going to finish the motor off and make a stand for it. That is after I finish my boiler I am making.
When I got the kit I had no idea how to read the plan, nor the principle on which it works, so for me, when I put all the components together, I still did not believe it would actually run. I mean, I had to make the pistons five times over! :-[
( Jewellery manufacturing is much more intuitive than machining)
I assume that this motor can run on steam?
BTW, Noitoen, I am Dutch so to me it's a motor. An engine runs with petrol. :)
Anyway, now I have a thing to connect to my boiler when it's finished, and I am having some serious fun in the meantime.....
Cheers, Hans

Latest posts

Back