Finished treadle/finger engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divided He ad

Reaction score
Well Here it is ....Finally ;D
Bogstandard has seen this first hand today as I went to visit him at his home, and learn more than a few things :D
John it was a really good day, Hope I didn't outstay my welcome... I have a habit of being able to talk!! ;D

Just a few pics for the rest of you and then the vid'.

DSC01622.jpg

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq7X8DSYuBg[/ame]

That's it! next a rush job for the finger engine competition.... MEMSyard wars here I come!! ;D

Ralph.

Ralph,

That baby is nice. It shows style and class.

Kenny

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Mr Head that is splendid, when i saw the parts i first thought i was looking at a medical instrument. That is a real exercise in very stylish design and great engineering. Absolutely first class. Yes it does inspire me, It gives me something to aim for. Thank you for your post.
Kind regards
Malcolm

i think it is a shame to build something that ornate and beautiful ...........cause i for one would be scared to play with it ::) :eek:

seriously though that has to be the engine off the month.......i know it is not an engine but it should still be at the top of the home page.

how would one go about nominating this monumental build ??? cause i for one would nominate it right here and now !!!

chuck

Gotta back Chuck on this one... a definite engine of the month... probably by a full forum acclamation. That is one beautiful little engine.... one I wouldn't even hesitate to add to my own collection.

Steve

Having seen and played with this first hand, the pics and vid don't do it true justice. My gob was well and truly smacked when he lifted it out of the 2ft by 1 ft protective cardboard box. It was an honour to stick my grubby fingerprint on it.

Not bling at all, just flowing smooth perfection. My finger engines looked like they had been hacked out with an axe when they stood together.

A real masterpiece of visual mobile art. Drawing eyes and fingers to admire it.

Ralph, as I said, you are welcome anytime, shame it couldn't have been longer. I forgot to show you how to use the flywheel thing on the comp. Another time maybe.

John

:bow: What can I say.
Some people say machines aren't art but this proves them wrong.

Thanks for sharing.

Speachless

I repeat what I said when we met at the big H, and I hope you are REALLY embarrassed Ralph.
Regards Ian.

:-[ :-\ :-[ ;D ;) How's that Ian?

Kenny,Malcolm,Chuck,Steve,John,Whatsit and Ian... Thank you for all your kind words. I made it as I saw in my head!
I'm glad for the bad job on the first flywheel and the Kick in the right direction From Milton (aka Dickybird) There was the seed for the metal in metal idea.

I'm glad you all like the end result, I'm very pleased with it and intend to show it to everyone I know, even if they're not interested! :big:
(most of them will be though... specially the kids among them ;D )

now back to the 'how the hell am I going to beat that soap engine'
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=2063.msg16818;topicseen#new
Now that's a clean cut idea! :big:

Ralph.

That's a classy finger engine, Ralph! Very nice work.

Chuck

Bling a ding ding! Very impressive, Ralph. It looks like it belongs on a proper Victorian gentleman's desk, next to the baroque inkwell.

Hey Marv, if the gentleman's inkwell was baroque, wouldn't he just send it down to the local blacksmith and have him fix it? :big:

Yowzah Ralph, that's some beautiful piece of work! :bow: No way I could come up with the idea to produce that "look." Some people are just naturally artsy-fartsy.

To me it looks like it should be sitting on Artemus Gordon's desk. Now who the heck is Artemus Gordon? Lessee who the first one is to correctly identify him. ;D

Dunno if many of the fellers on this forum are old enough to know the answer to that one. Ta dum, ta dum, da dum da ta-dum ta-dum ta dum.

DICKEYBIRD said:
Hey Marv, if the gentleman's inkwell was baroque, wouldn't he just send it down to the local blacksmith and have him fix it? :big:

To me it looks like it should be sitting on Artemus Gordon's desk. Now who the heck is Artemus Gordon? Lessee who the first one is to correctly identify him. ;D

Only a southerner would think "broke" has two syllables. :)

Out here in "The Wild, Wild West" we know better.

Ralph,
Very nice work and I really enjoyed the video!!

Steve

mklotz said:
Only a southerner would think "broke" has two syllables. :)

Out here in "The Wild, Wild West" we know better.
Da-yum yer good! ;D

Ooohs and Aaaahs over here. That is one sweet engine. Ralph have you been spending time over at Bog's house??? If nothing else you may just be the interm Bling King till he gets his shop back.
Tim

Marv
Sorry to hear ya baroke yer inkwell, but us machinists can fix it for ya.

Steve

Beautiful! Very elegant - can you say that about an engine ???

Mechanically simple, esthetically GORGEOUS..... form meets function and wins hands down! Hope you're as proud of this work as I am jealous :bow:

Joe

Latest posts

Back