Expansion

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1hand

Reaction score
Don't tell my wife, but I expanded out into the garage today. My furance room/shop is full and some more room was needed for the new welding and blasting dept. I've added.

001-68.jpg

002-54.jpg

003-45.jpg

004-39.jpg

Matt

I could never work in a place like that Matt.

You can stand erect, (I can't in my hobby shop), and the organization would have me baffled for weeks!

Nice, new toy room! Thm:

Rick

rake60 said:
I could never work in a place like that Matt.

You can stand erect, (I can't in my hobby shop), and the organization would have me baffled for weeks!

Nice, new toy room! Thm:

Rick

Always a joy and a privilege to be invited into another mans workshop

Thanks Matt

- But how is a man supposed to find his tools if their not spread out over the bench tops? ??? ;D

Bez

That is a nice place to play. :D

What are those two green lamps over your desk? ... looks like high intensity.

And the welder ... is it a Lincoln?

Looks Awesome Matt!.....Every well equipped welding and blasting shop should have a toaster oven! ;D

I like the weld bench ....did you build that one Matt?

Dave

Thanks guys,

Pat the lamps came off of a tri pod that I've had for a long time and never used cause it was so heavy to move around. They are called Cool touch, each lamp has 4 fluorescent tubes in them. The welder is a Lincoln precision Tig 185, and also Arc welds.

Dave, I did build the welding bench from scraps from work. The top is 1/2", it came off of a lowboy trailer. Its got belly bend in it, so it isn't very flat, but the price was right. Anyway, now when I spill my coffee it doesn't run onto the floor, just makes a nice lake in the middle of the table. I made it 44" tall, so bending over is kept to a minimum, and some 4" casters for moving it around.

Matt

Hopefully the wife will figure out you've commandeered the space before she parks her car over it ;D

Very nice. I feel quilty having half the basement. It needs a serious rearrangement to get even more stuff in.

Latest posts

Back