Electromagnetic Rocker Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool motor Dennis. Thanks for sharing some very useful machining techniques with excellent photos. Call it what you want - it's a very cool machine :bow: :bow: :bow:

Cheers,
Phil

4156df said:
Then I moved to the wood lathe and shaped the curves using HSS wood turning tools. The lathe was run at slow speed (500 rpm in my case) and I made very light cuts. It worked pretty well and I wouldn’t be afraid to try a more complex shape. The key is keeping a negative rake.

This was of particular interest since I have wood turning tools (I used to turn wooden pens.) and they're sitting idle at the moment. The idea of using them on metal never occured to me. I guess I should take another look at them for metal turning.

Thank you, Dennis.

BEst regards,

Kludge

For those of you who wish to try hand turning (it's effective and fun) and don't have woodworking tools to hand, try making your own. Here's one I made...

CHASING.jpg

The square (could be round) aluminum handle has a slot milled into it to accept a standard 1/8" HSS lathe toolbit. The standard 1/2" steel box section slides over it and the setscrews lock the toolbit in place. It's easy to change bits so you really need only the one handle.

Latest posts

Back