Does anyone happen to know the model number?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

multihobbyguy

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone happens to know what the model number is or maybe what size blade it needs. The plate has been removed from the back to identify the model number. I am trying to put this thing back to work. ;D

TRACTORSANDBANDSAW001.jpg

TRACTORSANDBANDSAW002.jpg

I can't help with identifying the model, but it certainly appears to be an older version
of a 4 X 6 band saw. Do the lands on the pulleys measure to about 1/2 inch ?

If they do wrap a string around them and mark it where the ends meet.
See how close that measurement is to 64-1/2 inches.

Rick

Thats a twin to mine what all is wrong with it?
When I get back out to the shop I can look to see if there are any model tag or numbers on it.
I recently had to mak a new bevel gear for it. I pushed it a little hard and broke the original gear.
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=6363.msg67867#msg67867

PS
I ran out and looked didn't see any numbers at model. I welded my own blades I measured they are 59 inches in length 1/2 stock. I ended up with a spool of blade stock so thats why I weld my own up.
Sorry I couldn't help you more If I find a model number I'll post it I thought I had the original paper work but don't have time to look for it right now.

Rick, I will try to string trick tomorrow. Doc1955, I am not sure if anything is wrong with it yet. I am going to get some metal from a Tractor Supply tomorrow or the next day and make a rolling frame for it some time soon. Then I will be able to hang the motor and turn it on. Everything seems to be pretty tight and nothing seems terribly wore. Thank you in advanced for looking for the model number, mine has a spot on the back where a tag once hung. Thanks again, Chris.

I can get my hands on the manual and parts guide if you need, I had the same saw with book, when a larger saw came my way I gave the craftsmen to a buddy
Dave

Thanks for the offer, I am just looking for the model number currently, but I may take you up on the manual and parts guide in the future.

How important is the little shock absorber? Mine does not have the complete piece and I am wondering if I need to figure out something or just let gravity take over. They are a little pricey on the sears parts web site.

017.jpg

That was the adjustable feed if you let gravity take over I suspect it will be to much force at times.
I was pushing mine to hard with it turned wide open on feed and wiped out the beveled gear and the sales person I talked to said they no longer had them so I ended up making my own replacement. So unless you feel up to making a replacement you may want to consider it.

That is too bad, The feed cylinder is $145 and that is more than I want to spend on it at this time, I will have to put it into a corner and keep a eye out for a substitute.

Edit: I think I will get a small bottle jack and incorporate that into the stand I have to build. I can still use the pivot point on the saw. Then I can slow down or speed up the flow with the a twist of the valve.

It looks as though you have the main pieces you could fab the replacements.

multihobbyguy
I rebuilt the one I had straight forward O rings and oil. I think you would be time and money ahead to fab the parts and keep the original feed cylinder.
Dave

I built a new feed cylinder for my Roll-in band saw; the original one leaked oil and was not repairable. Roll-in wanted over $600.00 for a replacement that would still have been an inferior part. By making the new one I was also able to relocate the control valve to better location. The original valve was part of the cylinder and operated backwords. I used DOM tubing for the tube and case hardend chrome shafting for the rod. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.

Dave

IMG_0199.JPG

I have tried to see what parts I was missing from the exploded view, but it is not a very clear picture. I guess I am not real sure how it works. If i can figure out what I am missing and what I would need to fabricate I would try to fix it up to work again. If you took any pictures when you rebuilt yours d-m I would really like to see what I am missing. Thanks for the replies everyone, Chris.

I had mine apart awhile back I could take mine apart again if I get some time and get some pictures there isn't a whole lot to them.

Sorry Chris no pic's I think you should hit up doc1955 with his offer

Dave

Thank you for the offer doc1955. If you ever get the extra time to snap a couple of pictures I would appreciate it, Thanks Chris.

Back