Does anybody recognize this please?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mc_mc

Reaction score
Hello, I look after the ToySteamBible.org website. And a few days ago someone emailed me some pictures of a model engine and wondered if I could help identify it, or come up with any information, this is definitely more of a model than than a "toy" so I need some help!

The pictures are here http://www.toysteambible.org/Unknown/Unknown-2.htm

Any input is welcome.

Thanks very much,

Michael

p.s. As far as I'm aware it's not for sale. :)

Hmmm ... nice engine, but I don't really know. A few more details, o/a size, bore, stroke, flywheel dia etc might help!

Not unlike some of the popcorn engines but can't be more specific.

Jason

Micheal:
nice engine pic.
will check out your web page when I get a change. how about posting an introduction in the welcome area tell us a bit about yourself.
your shop and your interest in engines.
Tin

Michael,
The owner of this contacted me directly and I provided him with a copy of the catalog. It is definately a SIPP, although it is missing the cylinder lagging and someone has gone and replaced all of the original bolts and screws with Socket Head Cap screws. (ugh). It also has a section of the casting cracked off under the cylinder, which is unfortunate, but I guess it could be repaired or recast. I have always liked SIPP engines, and someday I hope to acquire one of my own.

Thanks for toysteambible.org. I have enjoyed that site as a source of information for Steam engines.

Jim in Minnesota

Thanks for the information and help everybody, I'll get the entry updated with the info.

Pictures of Sipp Engine and Boiler I just acquried !! Does need some parts, would like a boiler door. Purchased Sat. 10th 2011 These Engines were available in 3 sizes, I have owned several over the years.

Post 1.jpg

Post 2.jpg

Post 3.jpg

Andrew,

The one in the link you posted hasn't got the original flywheel, it looks like someone has put a replacement one made from the handle off a singer sewing machine, plus the paint job is terrible, maybe covering a few bad things up.

Definite clues to stay well clear of it.

John

John,

I am not interested in this one.
Like you say there are differences between the originals and this one for sale.
The colour is atrocious to say the least, it does make you wonder what they are trying to cover up.

Another clue to me was that this engine has been reposted about 6 times since i started checking that site out!

At the moment there are two very cool hot air fans for sale.
But at $1000 a pop they can stay there forever....

Andrew

Latest posts

Back