Diamond tangital tool-bit holder prices

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philipintexas

Reaction score
I have an older model and wanted the newer one made so it can be set perpendicular to the lathe axis in my QCTP.

The U.S. Distributer wanted $150 for the tool. Then had the audacity to ask $21.95 to ship a 10 OZ. tool from Il. to TX!
I get angry when companies try to rip me off on exorbitant shipping costs, but this one really gouges it's customers.
As a comparison, I ship my 3 Lb. product all over the U.S. for around $8 VIA Priority-Mail.

I went to the Australian makers site and ordered the same tool (Without grinding jig, not offered here) for $92.81 (US) Shipped from Australia to the U.S.. The shipping cost from Australia was CHEAPER than what the American company wanted!
I'm in no hurry for the tool, so shipping time makes no difference to me.
The moral of the story is, don't do business with companies who try to steal your money in the guise of "Shipping / Handling". OR, Better yet, DO spend money with the people who actually make the product!

Last edited:
Hi Philip, I'm glad that you had a win, it's usually us here in Australia that get ripped off with prices and shipping. I have imported items in the past that are cheaper than buying the same item here from a supplier.

Paul.

I have the same problem buying from America. Shipping goods from Asia is only a few $$ but the cost of shipping from the USA to Australia often exceeds the cost of the goods.

Shipping Cost from ArcEuroTrade is quite favourable and fast. Usually by mail.
The micro feed drill chuck cost me 20 Stirling Pound and shipping cost 12 S.P. Same item from LMS cost arm and leg landed in Singapore. Shipping cost from CtcTools is also quite favourable since goods uaually shipped from HongKong.

IMG_3491.jpg

Last edited:
I'll add a PS: After complaining to the merchant about the shipping cost they offered to ship for $9. This is what it should be but it's too late.

Reactions: gus
UPDATE: The rest of the story. The owners of the Australian Company were out of country when I placed my order, clearly stated on their site, and no problem. Immediately upon their return my order was shipped and I received the tool in 8 days.

I saved around $70 on the tool, and paid less to ship it from Australia than I was quoted by a company in Michigan!

I like to buy from people who create products, rather than re-sellors who create nothing but want to double the price, and profit from exorbitant shipping prices.

By the way, for those who haven't used one, I love the "diamond" tool holders, all you have to sharpen is the end of a 1/4" tool bit. "http://eccentricengineering.com.au".

Keep in mind the Australian Dollar is less than ours so the prices look higher than U.S Dollars.

Last edited:
Eccentric Engineering, Hughesdale, Victoria. Ph95042038 or Mb 0400653503.
Their website is www.eccentricengineering.com.au.

They make a great tangential tool and a really good parting tool. In my opinion.

Barry

Just had a chance to try out the new one, the major change is for use in a QCTP, I can now set the tool-post perpendicular to the lathe axis and the cutting edge is correct for turning and facing. I can change to the cutoff tool without changing the tool-post. The old one was a different angle and I had to change the tool-post between each operation. This is one of those tools that just does everything it's advertised to do. With judicious sharpening one could make a single 1/4" cutting bit last nearly a lifetime. However the best part is how easy it is to sharpen and use.

Latest posts

Back