Cubic Zirconia Wobbler

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemhund

Reaction score
I have not posted for a while but I have finished a wobbler made out of faceted Cubic Zirconia and gold and silver a while ago.
IMG_9376.jpg

The base is made out of silver and the springs and piston and con rod are made out of 14ct gold.
IMG_9361.jpg

CZ is quite tricky to drill in that it is quite brittle so most of the components were made three or four times over before a complete was successful.
IMG_9380.jpg

CZ comes in many colors and some are colour change, meaning they show different colours under incandescent and florescent lighting. Makes for a pretty visual effect.

IMG_8898.jpg

The cylinder was made out of a laminate of CZ. I use Hxtal resin for this purpose.

IMG_9245.jpg

These are the basic components. Note the lime green insert. That was because I had to make the upright five times over and eventually I ran out of material so I laminated a piece in and it worked. Problem is Hxtal takes five days to harden so this was indeed an exercise in patience.
Still, it looks kind of funky.:)
Build time, about 100 hours.
264 facets in total.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXM_dgiW-ZM&feature=share&list=UUipePONLUAsCb98bcu3tAlA[/ame]

Cheers, Hans

Wow a work of art that dragons breath engine is amazing as well.
Tin

Speechless :bow:

Hans

An absolutely amazing combination of art and engineering.

I'd be happy to swap for one of my aluminium and brass versions!

Kind regards

Geoff at Inky Engines

Wow.. This machine looks so awesome... I Just love the cubic zirconia stone.. This is really an amazing work..

Back