Controlled air blow

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Search 'fluidics'. Back when this technology was first being promoted, I remember that postage stamp sized lab samples of fluidic circuit elements were being made out of sheet materials sandwiched together with adhesive and with plastic push-on tube connectors bonded in at the inlets and outlets. Making up a fluidic oscillator to produce a pulsed air jet (blow gun) in this manner could be a fun project - perhaps even generating a marketable product.

Some further Google Web or Image searching on 'fluid oscillator' or 'pulsed air jet' or 'pneumatic oscillator' or 'pneumatic timer' might dredge up something already in existence.

Another thought: Go to your kitchen sink and turn the faucet on, then reduce the flow until it transitions from a smooth (laminar) to a pulsed (turbulent) flow a few inches below the nozzle. Note how effective this pulsed flow is in removing, say, peanut butter smears from a table knife blade.

David Merrill

David,

Too many Davids' in this World :big:

I see this is your first post - well done and I am honoured :bow:

Thanks for the info I need to look into what you said a bit more.
.....................................................................................

Just because your name is David does not mean you have to have "Another thought" Rof}
And in future especially on my posts stop giving away my secrets. *club* "Bloody peanut butter"

David I am just pulling your leg, please just a bit of fun. :big:

Welcome to the Forum, have fun, enjoy yourself and thanks for your post.

(another) Dave

Latest posts

Back