computer trouble, doesn't update HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hal

Reaction score
I'm having computer trouble, as stated it won't update to the latest forum.

When I log on to a forum site, say "homeshopmachinist" the forum site will pop up and is 10-15 day lout of date. The only way I can read the latest threads is to click on "new postings"

The same thing is happening on "Ebay".
When I go to my Ebay "Home" my watch it now items are 20 days out date. The date/time reading on ebay's is correct

This site HMEW stays updated.

I went from a "WILDBLUE" service to a cable type of service around the time some of this happened.

As you can tell I don't have a "CLUE" about computers.

I had been getting alone with my computer by keeping a baseball bat near the computer to keep everything running smoothly :big: but even that has failed me.

I have 2 computer systems this one is a Gateway XP, the other system is a Dell office 2000.

One of the kids has a new laptop running off of wireless and it updates O.K.

Anyone have any ideas????????????

Thank You
Hal

It is a cache issue.
What browser are you using?

Rick

Rick

I'm not sure what cache is.

I'm using and older internet exployer.
Does that answer your question?

And you thought I was just kidding about not having a "clue" about computers. ;D

Hal

Make sure check for newer page is checked.
Click tools ,click general tab, click settings on temporary internet files section and make sure a check mark is in automatically.
Then it should load the latest page.

Doc

View attachment New Bitmap Image.bmp

Doc

I can't thank you enough, you suggestion worked. :bow:.

Now I can get back to finding bargins on eBay.

Doc what part of N.D. are you from? I'm from over in Miles City.

I think there was a small engine show in Rapid City sat.

Thanks again

Hal

I'm from Jamestown ND pretty much south central ND.

I've been through Miles city many a time back when I was still an avid down hill skier on my way to the ski resorts.
I no longer ski I had several disks in my neck blow out and was paralyzed on my left side fortunately after surgery I got back most all my left side ability and my surgeon stated next time I may not be so lucky.

Anyway I'm glad I could help.

Doc

Back