Completed: A novice build of Brian’s double scale beam engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesmo

Reaction score
Well that’s it with the finishing touches completed.

IMG_1805.jpg

and a couple of vid’s of it running again.

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=14883.0

Lesmo,
Excellent work on your beam engine. Your finishing detail is outstanding. What project do you have lined up next?
gbritnell

That is an excellent build of a beam engine Lesmo!!
Runs nice and slowly!! ;D

Andrew

That is a excellent job on your beam engine I really like the fluted column on it. Great fit and finish.

Don

Nothing in the least is novice about that Lesmo....great job on a beautiful engine and runner!!!

Bill

A superb example of this engine - I built the smaller version last year, but it doesn't shine like yours!

Good luck with the Over-crank engine.

Kind regards

Geoff at Inky Engines

Lesmo,

If any engine I have built looked half as good as yours I would be a happy man. Beautiful work. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

That is superbly done! Awesome job!
:bow: :bow:
Dave

Like they say... Pretty as a Picture :bow:
Great job Lesmo!

Kind regards, Arnold

Hi Lesmo
Top job Mate
Pete

Oh yes! I like it! Go to the top of the class for finish!

My thanks to you all for those very kind words guys, just the shot of motivation I need to get on with the next project, which is a bit above my pay grade to put it mildly.

Special thanks to Brian for his detailed plans without which this beam engine would never have even have got started.

In reply to George, I am going to get really ambitious and have a go at Stew’s over-crank engine, which I just love. The deciding factor in taking on this complicated task, was a comment made by John (Bogstandard) on this forum, which was in essence.
“Just make it one part at a time” and get it right. Thanks for that John I will certainly try.

Lesmo

I think you've misrepresented this post, there's nothing 'novice' about your beam engine at all. I'm sure that going to take pride of place in the house for some years to come.

I subscribe to John's "eating an elephant" approach, projects don't look so daunting doing it that way

Pete

What a lovely engine Lesmo,
Somehow I had missed the build log,
but after seeing the finished project, I found the build log and thoroughly enjoyed reading it from "cover to cover".
Clive

Sorry for the late response been busy on some other unrelated project, but thanks Pete & Clive for your kind comments, I had my first taste of the elephant sandwich yesterday evening and it was not too bad at all.

Cheers Les

Latest posts

Back