Commer TS3 engine anyone?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizelli

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

I recently joined this forum having just completed my very first engine - a single cylinder 2 stroke glow engine with secondary scavenge/charge cylinder of my own design. To my complete astonishment, it fired up and ran, although to be fair it was a pig to get started and after running a few times it developed a serious vibration (enough to shake all the tools off the bench) so I suspect the fabricated crank has deranged itself. A good healthy exhaust note though, 'er indoors reckons you could hear it three streets away.

Youtube video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eZ3F4NkCq4

Having never built an engine before I still count this as a success and this has encouraged me to do another one with a better design and better workmanship. Having worked at Rootes in Dunstable and Coventry in the late 60s I would quite like to have a go at making a model of the TS3 opposed piston diesel engine that was in production then. To save me spending the next few months at the drawing board, has anyone here built one? Or does anyone know of a source of drawings? I am struggling a bit with the timing of the ports.

many thank for any help
Martin

Back