CNC Programming Handbook

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Peter Smid book; it's quite good. I have an issue with his tendency to omit "The" at the beginning of many sentences. It's reasonable value (and I had to pay through the nose for it with the state of the Kiwi dollar!)

I'm currently assigned to an older Fadal 4020. Most of our jobs are one-offs and I do a lot of manual programming though the odd job does come from "upstairs" via DNC. For my purposes, learning the G code is absolutely necessary, and the book has given me a good head start. None of us got any training in CNC at polytech other than how to hit the cycle start button. Learning from the other guys in the shop is good, but they've learned from other guys, and only what they need to get by. Nobody taught me about M98/99, and learning that's been a big timesaver.

Thad
4th year adult apprentice

Thad:
welcome to the board. Thanks for the input. Do you have a home shop? do you build engines? If you like post a thread in the welcome area. Tell us about yourself and your interests with this board.
Tin

Back