• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CNC Lathe and Mill for sale

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammieQ

Reaction score
Morning ALL,

I have a Conect CNC lathe (short ML10?) with the ORIGINAL software and a Conect mill up for grabs. They were installed in a school and use was restricted to the Sixth form, so usage was minimal and under strict supervision.

I am resident in Belfast, UK, but will be on the mainland (Swynnerton/Stoke-on-Trent area) for a week beginning 2nd April, so delivery withi a reasonable distance can be negotiated.

Pictures to those interested. Sam, [email protected]

Hello again Everyone.

Thank you to those members who expressed interest in my items and who have had the patience to await developments...(photos, developments...pun?) while I have been mired in family affairs. Sorry for the delay.

I have now placed umpteen (13) high res. snaps in Photobucket:

http://s495.photobucket.com/albums/rr315/SammieQ_bucket/

Further info:

Both items were originally manufactured for:
Conect Numerical control, Paisley.

The Lathe is a Conect Cadet + , the mill a Conect Contour.

Both are single phase mains.

Lathe swing 82mm (165mm over bed) X axis travel 120mm, Z axis travel 210mm, 0.37kW. 100mm 3 -jaw chuck, QCT, with (at present) 2 or 3 holders, hunting for the others;

Mill has a table 350x130mm, X axis travel 190mm, Cross Y axis 102mm, Vertical Z 210mm, system resolution 0.01mm, 0.25kW, Easychange Quick Change toolholder fitted to spindle. the purple item causing confusion on the table in the photos is a wax tablet, being milled for a lost-wax process, long forgotten.

Both may be driven via any of the x86 (Pentium) family of PC's with no extra bits save a common connector lead and the three floppies of software to upload to them.

They were installed in the Technology dept of the grammar school where I work; the HoD was a Tarter of the 'Old School' (he built missiles for Shorts/MoD at one point and brooked no mistakes) so I had confidence the gear was working and maintained before I bought them. They were relatively quickly superceded by an A3 router/mill and gathered dust until the new HoD needed room. I accquired them about 7 days ago with the intention of installing them to manufacture small bushes, flanged wotsits and screwed components for my own use in my concurrent woodworking hobby. I already have a big SOAG lathe 10"x38" (or so) from the '30's - and I thought I might find it speedier to just program in the details, let the machines do the donkey work and perhaps retire the SOAG to give me more room. This was not to be, fate has a horrible, implacable way of gainsaying aspirations and I now just want to see them safely off to someone who can make use of them. The opportunity has arisen to take them with me when my job takes me to England just prior to Easter, so I thought I would cast my net wider than just the Province or 'Down South'.

Cost? Call me naive, I have no idea what to ask. Web searches indicate these things come up for sale as often as rocking horse manure or starting handles for racing turkeys. There is a well known tool site (GandM) asking a shocking amount for an identical mint lathe. There is no way I am pitching in this bracket. Several correspondents are nagging me to name a price, so here goes a guesstimate:

Mill: £175-£200.
Lathe £350: based on concurrent prices for ML10's, of which this lathe may be a fore-shortened clone.

I repeat, "MAKE ME AN OFFER!"; coming from a long line of subsistence farmers on one side and blacksmiths on the other, I understand the verb 'haggle'!

Sam

SOLD!!!!!!!!!

Many grateful thanks to

Gav, Andy, John, Mike, Steve, Peter, Youra, Guy,

who placed bids and were real gentlemen throughout.

Sam

Latest posts

Back