Challenger americas favorite Eagle

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
Since Bob Warfield's Comment about seeing the American bald eagle in the wild in Alaska I have wanted to start a thread about such things . My wife got an e-mail today with a link to a neat video
Challenger is Bald Eagle that does free flight fly buys at srorting and other special events

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfevfJNDuIg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfevfJNDuIg[/ame]
More info @ www.eagles.org/ The home page of the American Eagle Foundation.

On a more personal note the American Bald eagle has made a pretty good come back in Southern New Jersey. There are something like 6- 10 active eagles nests within 15 miles of my house. I have seen eagles while out on the river and while at work traveling down the road.
There are also a couple of falcon that I see traveling to and from work . One day I saw a falcon only a few feet above my car heading home after the morning go taking breakfast (a rat) back to the nest)
It is good to see wildlife.
Tin Falcon

Cool.. We get the occasional red tail hawk and this time of year, a couple Great Horned Owls. They're cool. They look like oversize housecats sitting up in the tree and make the classic owl "whoo whoo" sound (most owls don't, but the movie & TV people use the GHO hoot no matter what owl is on-screen)

Thas real good to hear

We are having a small revival of our wedgetail eagles here in Oz

preditors are needed for nature to work correctly

cheers for the story

jack

Visitors to Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary NE of Melbourne Aus will
be familiar with their free flying raptor show. A sort of amphitheatre
where you sit with standing room at the rear with a railing
about waist high (sorta like Rome but
much smaller)> You haven't lived till a Wedge Tail Eagle decides to
perch on that rail and there you are eyeball to eyeball about 18 inches away from
this magnificent creature. He LOOKS at you, fair gave me the shivers it did. Also got to stroke
two dingoes being walked on leads by sanctuary staff. Oh Happy Days :bow:
BR

We have lots of red tail Hawks around here, it's mostly farm country and the open fields are good huntin' grounds for them. Lots of buzzards too, not that anybody wants to see them.

We see a few red tail hawks around here.
One day we had the dog running a hiking trail behind our property
and a hawk jumped out of the brush dragging one wing and was
challenging the dog. NOBODY threatens the wife's dog! She went after
the hawk and it's lame wing suddenly healed. It flew up into a tree and watched
us walk by. We saw that it had killed a rabbit at the edge of the trail and was
just protecting it's dinner from the dog.
It was a pretty impressive display to be five feet away from an unhappy
red tail. They look a whole lot bigger at that range.

Rick

Latest posts

Back