CC's first attempt

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrewCab

Reaction score
Oh well, it had to happen sometime ???

Please Note ............... This post contains pictures of raw and unfinished engine parts, if you are a lover of BLING and are easily offended by a lack of polish and sophistication please look away now ............ the following pictures are of a very basic nature ::)

*************** You have been Warned *************************

:D ;) ;D

A few bits ........... very definitely Work in Progress :eek:

DSCF3606.jpg

drill bit is 1/8" dia for reference

Very rough and ready set up ..................

DSCF3601.jpg

but ........................... ::)

8) :big: ;D ............. it runs :D

Bling can follow 8)

CC

There's no replacing the feeling of seeing your first engine run.

Congrats!

Rick

Nice little engine CC. You can set around and rub is shinny this winter. Is that your first one?
Mel

Nice one CC... ;) Just be careful about that bling... It can be dangerous to your future projects!!

Good to see a runner.... now did you get those plans I sent for you to peruse?

What's next.... Yer I know pressure! ;D

nice little engine there cc :bow: ..............it runs very nice 8)

the bling comes after you get it running ;)

chuck

Good one, Dave! Now that you've got the new shop dirty you can build more!

Congratulations!

You keep running it like that you'll have it wore out before it's done:eek:) Great job!!!

Wes

Well Jeez, guy, I'm impressed!!! That looks awfully close to the "wobbler" I built last month from Elmers Engines plans. It certainly is a thrill to see the little buggers run, isn't it. Next thing you know, you'll be wanting to build a double acting wobbler!!! very Nice----Brian

As they say Dave, about little acorns.

Well done, your first runner, big smiles ;D ;D ;D ;D.

Forget what it looks like, you have brought lifeless bits to life.

John

Nice job!

Always fun to see an engine run for the first time

Eric

You have created mechanical life! Nice feeling when you prove to yourself that you can do it. Now your hooked! Nice job.

Cheers Guys

It does give you that nice warm fuzzy feeling when they burst into life ;D

Haven't had chance to do any more, both me n' the Mr's work full time and at the moment her Dad is needing most of the spare time we have, hopefully I'll make a little more progress in a day or two.

Powder keg said:
You keep running it like that you'll have it wore out before it's done:eek:)

Funnily enough Wes :eek: ...............
I made the cylinder out of Delrin as I ain't got any 1" dia brass yet and also, because I wanted to see if it would work ::) , ............ when I tapped the hole for the pivot bolt the Taper was fine but the Plug felt .............. "not quite right" :-[ ........ anyway the thread is pretty loose now so modifications are required.

Plan A) was ............ bigger bolt ......... Plan B) is epoxy a nut into a recess ........ anyone know if epoxy will bond to Delrin or not ............ Plan C) I do have some 1" aluminium :D

Oh ......... and a big thanks to Dave Goodfellow whose plans I ..... sort of ..... followed >> Click Here <<

CC

Crewcab--As far as I know, nothing will bond to Delrin. If you run an aluminum piston in an aluminum cylinder, chances are good that they will weld themselves together very quickly. (Its not actually weld, but the auminum "galls" and seizes up). Your best bet is to wait untill you can get a peice of brass, or else machine a cylinder from steel (and thats kind of a PITA for tinywork.)

Cheers Brian ............ I'd a sneaking feeling about Delrin being glue resistant, however the point about the two parts being of the same metal I'd totally overlooked :( ............ Plans B and C are now consigned to the scrap bin and plan A suddenly looks more appealing .............. until I get some 1" diameter brass anyway.

Many thanks 8)

Dave (CC)

Well a little more progress

Plan A has worked .......... so far 8)

I've added a tad more bling but I think that's going to go unnoticed at the side of Ralph's latest posting ::) .............. anyway ......... I hate polishing ;D

It now has a temporary base and a little style .............. but it runs pretty sweet 8) ............. I'm quite amazed :D

DSCF3612.jpg

DSCF3611-01.jpg

Dave CC :D

well done cc .......now i think this engine should be the engine of the month.............what do the rest of you lads think?????

chuck

I like it. Nice looking engine...

Well Bling isn't everything Da...CC, Mine isn't yet running! Yours however is running just fine and has quite a nice sound to it too ;D

It isn't about the shinyest one it's all about self achievement, I've gone my way you go yours and both of us shall be happy in our own triumphs ;)

What you gonna do for your base ?

Ralph.

Latest posts

Back