Cat Repellent System

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConductorX

Reaction score
Our darling cats like leave us their aromatic presents by the back door. Even though I provide them with two large and clean litter boxes.

I found this idea on a website http://www.instructables.com/ several people have built different version of cat repellents using buzzers and other noise makers. I wanted to go a step further. I have been playing with ARDUINO Microprocessors for a while and this seems like a good application. The PIR Sensor is Passive Infrared, it senses body heat up to 6 feet away. The spray head sprays a 6 to 8 foot half circle.

I think it is appropriate to use a cat litter bucket to help me prevent them from making litter in the wrong place. All components are inside the bucket except the sensor, light and spray head.

cat_defense_001sml_zps5e3027c3.jpg

cat_defense_002_zps9ee02222.jpg

I am very interested.

Will you post more details on this project?
I could use a couple of these. What are you using for a liquid?

Thank you.

I will be happy to. I will create a circuit diagram and post the program here as well.

I use plain old tap water to squirt them. I don't want to hurt the cat just annoy them.

"G"

The best cat repellent around my house is my cat. Used to be five or so wandering around the neighborhood. After a year of training at the kitty fight club, (we don't talk about kitty fight club, so don't ask), seems the only cat for a fifty yard radius of my property is my cat. Surprising because she is exceptionally friendly to people, and out dogs.

Sent from my iPad using Model Engines

It is my own cat that is leaving the presents. I have my two cats contained in an escape proof yard area. I have access by a screen door from my car port and a another gate. The screen door is right next to the back door of the house and for some reason they choose that spot as their bathroom. The smell by the back door was overwhelming at times; especially in the summer.

It is now much more pleasant to come home and enter the house without the smell.

"G"

My cat likes to prove her prowess by leaving dead things at our back door.

Latest posts

Back