Camera Mounts

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f350ca

Reaction score
For Christmas I gave my son, (who's in film school) a ruggedized video camera. Pretty neat shock proof and water proof to 370 feet.
Anyway made him a mount for tripod work and another to mount it to the handle bars of what ever.
A few hours of mill time, amazing how long something this simple can take. Sure wouldn't want to make a living building these.
IMGP0229.jpg

IMGP0235.jpg

Greg

What am I doing wrong, Im using the insert image button and putting the address of the photo in Picasa ????? Works on other forums.

Greg

I fixed it up for you.

You were missing the opening bracket on [/img].

On both images you ended with ...jpg/img] instead of ...jpg[/img]

One character can make a world of difference.

Nice camera brackets by the way.

Cheers :)

Don

Thanks Don
Doesn't the software add them automatically.

GoPro? Bravo if it only took you a "few" hours. They look great and will far outlast the plastic versions the camera comes with.

Mine attempts took days. Could not get the 1st one in your pic to work either out of aluminum nor HDPE. Aluminum was too tough to bend and clamp properly and the HDPE version was too "slippery" and the camera would move.

For the 2nd, I had to make a tiny "t-slot cutter". Would be interested in your build pics if you have any.

Nice! I've made a few handlebar mounts over the years and you're right it's a surprisingly intensive task.

Sorry for the slow response Mike
Yes they are for the GoPro. The bar mount seems to work well. Made the fingers with a 1/8" slitting saw, the grooves ended up a few thou over, need to make a beter arbour, but they still grab.
For the quick mount I had a woodruff key cutter that was perfect.
Sorry no build picks, my shop is so filthy from welding and grinding I don't like to keep the camera out there.
These were a nice break, now its back to finishing up my sawmill.
Thanks
Greg

Latest posts

Back