CAD Render - Scotty steamer

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brass_Machine

Reaction score
Waiting for materials and some tooling... So I decided to work on my 3D CAD skills. Thinking about doing this one for my first bar stock steamer:

Elmer's Scotty

Scotty.jpg

I love the way that scotch yoke looks as the engine runs. I built a "Double Scotch" that had two of them and it is mesmerizing when it slowly ticks over.

Great job on the drawing, by theway:O)

Wes

Nice looking rendering. I agree with Wes that it is a fun engine to watch when running (or not running ;D). Please share the build with us when you get going!

wareagle said:
Nice looking rendering. I agree with Wes that it is a fun engine to watch when running (or not running ;D). Please share the build with us when you get going!

Absolutely. I plan on doing a build log for whatever I am going to build next. I just need to get some materials and some tooling. Plus finish up the QCTP I started to build for my mini lathe.

Eric

Brass
Love the 3D render. In my book it's the one step not to miss when planning a build. It's sure easier to add and remove pixels than it is to deal with it when something metal doesn't fit. Well done!!

Steve

Back