Bronze suppliers.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Worrall

Reaction score
Morning all, I'm needing some bronze for the cross slide leadscrew nut on my SIEG SC4. I need a piece approximately 1" x 1" x 2" long that won't cost me a kidney to buy (I'm in the UK). Obviously money is tight at this time of year (and I'm disabled which makes the money even tighter) So can anyone recommend a supplier in the UK that supplies it at a reasonable price ?
TIA.

You may have to go for a larger round bar and machine it down to get the size you require.

Look at eBay UK for price comparisons and then look at model engineering suppliers.
Search for something like 'Model Engineering suppliers UK'.
Make sure you are sitting down when you see the prices + postage of course!

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Where are you in the UK? Making your bronze from scrap by melting it is a cheap way to go, but a fair bit of hassle to get there - there are people in the North who could help you (me in Manchester, for instance, and I know someone else in Accrington who might be sympathetic).

Try Edwards Metals, in Birmingham, Abbey Spuncast in Willenhall or Keatley also in Birmingham. All do mail order.
peter

Latest posts

Back