British Association (BA) taps

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which ones do you need??? I have some left from a Stuart build that I hope I will never need.

The taps I need are to make the Robinson hot air engine casting kit from Polly Models in the UK. The sizes I need are BA4, BA6, BA8, and BA10. I'd be most happy if you could take a look at yours and let me know what you have and the price. Thanks TJ

Tom,

This is about your build rather than taps and screws.

I have one of these kits to build, and before I start on anything, I get as much information about them as I can. Like using b-b-q scouring brick instead of the spun piston which makes them run much faster and more efficient.

If you want what info I have, please send me a PM and I will gather all the info together for you to go through.

John

The taps I need are to make the Robinson hot air engine casting kit from Polly Models in the UK. The sizes I need are BA4, BA6, BA8, and BA10. I'd be most happy if you could take a look at yours and let me know what you have and the price. Thanks TJ

Tom
I would be very interested in how you are getting along with your build. I have one part made but lost interest after two bad flywheels and cylinder castings.
Flywheel picture shows flaws.
Flywheel flaw (Medium).JPG
Cylinder problem is that the rear diamond shape and top bush housing are on the slant to the base and the casting is well oval. Unfortunately doesn't show up well in this pic. Both cylinders are the same so seems to be a pattern problem.
Cylinder rough 2 (Medium).JPG
Should get back to it really - maybe one day.
MyProgress1 (Medium).jpg
If you want, I can send you pics of my construction attempt.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

I have taps & dies for BA-5 & BA-7. Not much help but maybe someone could use these??

Latest posts

Back