books online

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loose nut

Reaction score
Found this web site that has old and new books and magazines on line for reading. Under the craft section there is some stuff on model making and machining, a lot of this is probably the same as what is available for downloading off of the Internet archive but there is some new stuff to. You have to do a search then scroll to the bottom of the screen to find the book or article you where after.

http://chestofbooks.com/index.html

Thanks, I hadn't found this one yet! :D

Another library to ransack for information,
kermit

I agree with Kermit; yet another site to use as an excuse not to quite be ready to build. ;D

Has anyone made a catalog of all these sites (other than google-books) so as to make raiding easier?

Best regards,

Kludge

The best site is the "Internet Archive" all the best books are here

http://www.archive.org/index.php

They have tons (no really I weighted them) of books on steam, boats, engines, machining etc. I have downloaded over 1000 of them, it makes a great reference library. The quality of the scanning used is far superior compared to google books.

Most of these books are from 1880 to 1930 and is still relevant for manual machining.

Check out the Industrial press booklets series, each one is about 50 pages long and is about one topic only but is given in detai. you will have to look to find them.

Tagged & tagged. Okay, I think I have several other collections listed in my bookmarks here somewhere but the bookmarks are in such disarray I'm not entirely sure where they are. I must hasten to add that they include libraries related to electronics (more specifically ham radio) and science fiction but overall the whole mess is pretty broad based.

Now, where did I put them ... ??? ??? ???

BEst regards,

Kludge ... who claims a straight line is the path between him and his coffee

Latest posts

Back