Beginner from Oz

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Seanie

Hi guys, I'm an Aussie ex-maintenance carpenter, with a keen interest & very little ablilty with things steel...

I have a Raglan Little John lathe & a few tools- & love nothing more than tinkering in my workshop.

I don't hold out much hope of creating 'things of beauty' like some of you guys, but want to increase my knowledge.

Mostly I restore antique stationary engines, & have a few tractors I'm doing up.

Im glad you found us, there is another member from OZ named Tel who is an old time steam wizzard.

Few people in the world go cut firewood thats eucalyptus. ;D

Seanie:
Welcome to the board . Do not worry about the need to create engines of beauty to start with . Start simple and concentrate on function. You can always go back and make it pretty later or not.
Tin

Welcome to HMEM Seanie

You are EXACTLY where I started into this hobby as far as
a home shop goes.

I went from making parts for the antique engine I restore to
building a very simple running steam engine.
Once it was running I was hooked BAD into the hobby.
More machines, more tools and more plans.

One step at a time.... ;)

Rick

Welcome.

Never fear about being a newbie. We all start somewhere. This is the place to be to learn!

Eric

Welcome Seanie,

Hey we all had to start somewhere near the bottom and learn. I've been doing this for more than 30 years and am still learning how to make my projects look nice. I still can't compare my stuff to what some of the guys here do. They are a great bunch and are willing to help no matter what it takes.

Regards,
Bernd

Latest posts

Back