Aussie Jim RIP

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swifty

Reaction score
I just read on another forum that Aussie Jim passed away yesterday. I see by his profile that he was a member here for the last 5 years, although I had never met him, he seemed very keen on model engine making and often commented on posts.

Paul.

That's sad news. I only knew of Jim through the forum but he was a good guy and always helpful. He once sent me a set plans even though I had email issues and he had to resend some of the pages multiple times.

I know he travelled to the U.S. for some engine shows and made a lot of friends around the world. RIP Jim.

Hi Paul and Cogsy,

We were supposed to get together with him at a Model Engine Show in Melbourne year before last but it was cancelled. Would have been nice to meet personally.

Hi Mates.Take Care. As for me I have the last 10 yards to run before completing the V-2 and taking my sweet time no rush.

That is sad news. I really like what he did with Jan Ridders simple 2 stroke. He didn't just make it, he made it his own.

Sad news indeed. I did get to meet him at the cabin fever show a couple years ago. Great guy. I will miss his encouraging posts.
Tin

Very sad news. Always had very informative posts and words of encouragement. RIP Jim.

very sad indeed i just found this thread and i am supprised and had no idea he had passed away . he was good enough to send me a set of plans to his bonza engine last year and asked me to keep him posted on my build of the engine which to date i have not started on . and now i find out he has gone .

johno

Reactions: gus
I've spoken with Jim via Skype several times about model engineering. Very nice guy, he will be missed.

Dave

Reactions: gus
Back