Are my lathe tools strange?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, i think that style is the dick son style.

I'm a bit tired of Harvey Forbes, the stuff they sell is some of the cheapest scrap around but they sell it for normal prices. They do however support their products. Bit hard to take when you see the same toolset for half of what you paid on evil bay, and the evilbay seller is making money on the product also.:wall:

I can only say that I have been dealing with CTC for over three yeasrs and never been disappointed or had any problems.
If you want to look at a cheaper alternative to the Multifix tool post, then look at Createtool.com. Fraction of the price. They make a copy of the multifix tool holder. I have one with numerous tool holders fitted to my small 12" (Grizzly -in US) lathe and it works to perfection.
Hope this helps.
Steamboat Willie aka Bill.

There's 've4y little to see design wise between the 2, the actual block shapes nearly the same , and the locking method appears the same, just a slight difference in the cams on the clamping bolt.
I looked up the proper dickson , i gotta say, they look more like the cheaper ones. (L280 SET)

I'm just trying to find a cheaper source of extra tool holders, $50 is a little steep for each one. it's actually not bad managed to do 4mm cuts without any rigidity problems. I need to make a new handle for it because the current handle is fouling on the height adjustment screw. Are tapped threads in steel fine for a new handle, I don't need high tensile or anything?
by the way is the socket screw on top of the knurled height adjustment screw in order to lock the position? it seems a bit ridiculous how much it sticks out.

Latest posts

Back