Anyone use one of these small chuck?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deanofid

Reaction score
These little chucks show up regularly on ebay. Been thinking about one, and at the price, I know they're not going to be a Buck, or even a Bison. They're all small, about 2.5" dia scroll chucks. Anyone had any experience with them?

c79e_12.jpg

Dean

(photo credit to ebay seller 800watt).

I don't know about that chuck, but I've bought vises from that seller. They were every bit as good as the ad claimed, square, flat, or parallel within .0002" everywhere... packaged well and shipped quickly.

I bought a 4" version of that chuck from 800 watt, same deal the name "button" was missing in the chuck. It was nicely finished and worked well. I would buy the chuck again if needed.

I stumbled across that seller a few years ago and a few of the guys at work and I purchased the 6" digital calipers that were offered for a VERY reasonable cost and they turned out to be just as accurate as my Starrett set, although they ate batteries up in a hurry I thought, they served me well for everyday use. I have since purchased a few other items such a small machinist vise from him and it too was quite accurate and well built. I would say that those chucks would most likely be of reasonable quality. I'd certainly buy from him again if the need arose.

BC1
Jim

I have a small chuck that I use to put in my 18'' chuck to grip smaller parts. Comes in real handy.

Wes

realize that if you buy from him you will get your items,
you will NOT get a response to emails. he is slow to ship sometimes but I've always gotten everything in good order

Thanks for the responses, guys.

I wasn't concerned about the seller. I've purchased from him before. I'd like to know if anyone had used one of these same chucks. Specifically this same one that uses tommy bars and is in the 2-2.5" diameter range.

Anyone?
Thanks,

Dean

I was wishing I had one of these last night. I have a 5/8" reamer that I wanted to chuck into my tailstock last night to ream a cylinder. Well, the reamer shank was 5/8" and my jacobs drill chuck only goes up to 1/2". I might have one of these little 3-jaw chucks in my future to hold tools with larger shanks!

Chuck

Back