Another what is it?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill S

Reaction score
This was a giveaway at last years Cabin Fever in York PA. The screwed on piece is fairly stiff spring steel. My guess is a scraper of sorts. Any ideas?

Bill

starret.JPG

Looks like some kind of paint scraper.

I looked on Starrett's web site but couldn't find anything that looked like it. Though, they do list a scraper, it doesn't look anything like that.

Probably just a promotional item, something to give away but they don't sell it.

I'd guess a holder for something-- feeler gauge, radius gauge, rule, paper, etc, or maybe a tension testing device where you'd hook a spring scale to the loop and pull away. Could also be a bandsaw blade alignment gauge-- it looks somewhat similar to the Lenox and all available internet photos are very murky.

If Starrett was an Aussie company, that would definitely be a beer bottle opener.
scratch.gif But come to think of it, most anything can be a beer bottle opener. Rof}

Get ya Starrett and rip the scab of a coldie for me mate *beer*

Cheers
Phil

It's for holding a piece of emery or crocus cloth for polishing a workpiece on the lathe. One end of the cloth strip goes under springy part on the end, round the end and back towards the hand grip.

I do much the same thing with a strips of emery or crocus and and old smooth file - but no springy part though.

cheers, Graham in Ottawa Canada

Latest posts

Back